Located in Montana and with over three million visitors a year, Glacier National Park encompasses more than 16,000 square miles of largely wilderness area and is known for its seemingly endless acres of rugged and breathtaking landscapes. Beyond the park’s natural beauty, Glacier National Park has 350 locations in the park that are on the National Register of Historic Places.
As part of the Crown of the Continent ecosystem, the park includes 175 named mountains, 762 lakes (130 named lakes), 200+ named waterfalls and 25 named glaciers, as well as 1000 plant species, and hundreds of animal species.
The various work locations are incredibly diverse – there’s Cedar Creek Lodge, Village Inn, Lake McDonald Lodge, the Rising Sun Motor Inn and Cabins which is surrounded by mountain peaks; the remote Many Glacier Hotel which feels like a Swiss Alps ski lodge, Swift Current Motor Inn, and the tiny Two Medicine camp store which is very remote and tucked away in its own little corner of the park.
Why Choose Glacier National Park?
From necessities like employee meal plans to fun activities like planned trips and tours, there are many benefits to working at Glacier National Park. See the full list of employee perks here.
and Meal Plans
Learning and Development
Sense of Community
Live at Glacier National Park
- Free housing available through October 19, 2022!
- Dormitory style living with 2 - 4 roommates
- Amenities included are beds, wardrobes/closets, chair and desk
- Laundry facilities included
- Must be 18 or over
- No pets or smoking allowed inside dorms
- Limited employee housing is available for couples as well. Please include your spouse’s/significant other’s name on your application if you are applying together.
- The Employee Dining Room (EDR) serves cafeteria-style meals that include a hot entrée and side dishes, sandwiches, salads, fruits, cereals and beverages. Your room and board includes three meals a day in the EDR.
- Vegetarian options are available at each meal; however, the EDR chef and crew are not able to accommodate all dietary needs such as vegan or allergy-related restrictions.
Explore Glacier National Park
Glacier National Park offers over 700 miles of hiking trails with beautiful scenery. Beyond finding your own adventures, leadership teams who organize recreation events make it easy and accessible to participate in excursions and activities. Exploring goes beyond adventures in the park. Community living can be a great way to bond and create lifelong friendships with others who share similar interests and values.
Team Member Stories
Why did you want to work at Glacier National Park?
"We're doing these jobs mostly for the opportunity to live in some of the most naturally beautiful places in the US. It's like the Wal-Mart greeter job on steroids! It's like a paid vacation and adult summer camp rolled into one great experience!"
Join Our Talent Community
Adventures are out there. Still searching for the perfect job for you?
Stay informed about new opportunities by joining our talent community