The Grand Hotel at the Grand Canyon resembles a sprawling three-story chalet with the perfect blend of rustic and modern design. The Grand Hotel is the only 3-diamond hotel in the region and is located in Tusayan, AZ. Our luxurious hotel offers an indoor heated swimming pool and spa and fitness center.
The Grand Hotel is located just one mile from the South Entrance to Grand Canyon National Park, with the scenic South Rim of the Grand Canyon just a short distance away.
The hotel is open year-round with a peak season between April and October. Xanterra operates the 121 room hotel, two dining facilities, and a retail shop. Year-round staff consists of approximately 90 employees during peak season. Our employees make countless personal connections and create everlasting memories for themselves and our guests.
Why Choose The Grand Hotel?
Here are just some of the reasons why you can choose The Grand Hotel.
For a full list of employee perks, download here.
Employee Housing and Meal Plans
Learning and Development
A Sense of Community
Live at The Grand Hotel
- For dormitory housing behind the hotel or in the mobile homes, employees pay $.63 per hour worked and will be deducted from their bi-weekly paycheck.
- For dormitory housing behind The Trading Post, employees pay $110 per month and will be deducted from their bi-weekly paycheck.
- Dormitory style living with 2 - 3 roommates.
- Amenities included are a shared living room, kitchen, dining room, laundry room, satellite TV, Wi-Fi, and private bathrooms.
- Must be 18 or over.
- Laundry facilities included.
- No pets or smoking allowed inside dorms.
- The Grand Hotel offers buffet-style meals that include salads, hot entrée, side dishes, cereals, and beverages.
- The meal plan is $9 per day for 3 meals. (breakfast, lunch, and dinner), and tickets are also offered for individual meals: breakfast $5.00, lunch $6.00, and dinner $7.00
- Vegetarian options are available at each meal; however, the Employee Dining Room (EDR) chef and crew are not able to accommodate all dietary needs such as vegan or allergy-related restrictions.
Explore The Grand Hotel
Adventure awaits you at the Grand Hotel. The proximity to the Grand Canyon South Rim means you can choose a variety of activities that include hiking, biking, camping, photography, wildlife viewing, river rafting and more.
Team Member Stories
What do you like to do in your spare time?
"I love to hike and cycle all over the South Rim and inner canyon of the Grand Canyon while doing plenty of nature walks, identifying native plants and watching sunsets from my two favorite places – The Abyss and Maricopa Point. On top of that, hiking down to Phantom Ranch and camping is also one of my favorite things to do. Not to mention, backpacking in the backcountry is super challenging and opens your mind to things you never knew you were capable of."
Join Our Talent Community
Adventures are out there. Not finding the perfect job?
Sign up to be directly contacted by our recruitment team when an opportunity arises.