Now hiring for the 2024 season - apply now!
The Rocky Mountain National Park Act was signed by President Woodrow Wilson in 1915. The 415 square mile park's main features include mountains, alpine lakes, and a wide variety of wildlife. Trail Ridge Road – which crests at over 12,000 feet - includes many overlooks to experience the subalpine and alpine worlds – along with over 350 miles of hiking trails, wildflowers, and wildlife. Each year, millions of visitors from all over the world come to explore Rocky Mountain National Park.
Why Choose Rocky Mountain National Park?
From necessities like employee meal plans to fun activities like planned trips and tours, there are many benefits to working at Rocky Mountain National Park. Read the full list of employee perks here.
Employee Housing and Meal Plans
Learning and Development
A Sense of Community
Live at Rocky Mountain National Park
- Room and board costs are $101.50 per week and are payroll deducted.
- Employee housing is dormitory-style living with 2-4 roommates and is located in Estes Park, Colorado, just outside of Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Amenities included are beds, dressers, tables, a small refrigerator, and a microwave.
- Must be 18 or over.
- Laundry facilities are available.
- No pets or smoking allowed inside dorms.
- The Employee Dining Room (EDR) serves cafeteria-style meals that include a hot entree and side dishes, sandwiches, salads, fruits, cereals, and beverages.
- Vegetarian options are available at each meal; however, the EDR chef and crew are not able to accommodate all dietary needs such as vegan or allergy-related restrictions.
Explore Rocky Mountain National Park
You will discover the magic of one of the most beautiful places on earth. Rocky Mountain National Park is a place for year-round adventure and unique experiences. Our employees make countless personal connections and create everlasting memories for themselves and our guests.
Team Member Stories
Meet Ray, Food and Beverage Manager
Why do you like working for Xanterra?
"Working for Xanterra is a special work/live relationship. You work and build your confidence in your ability to grow in an environment that will build your love of nature. Xanterra brings nature to you the first day you go to work."
Meet Victoria, Residence Coordinator
What do you love most about your job?
"I really love my job, but the best part is building that rapport with our residents. I love getting to know fun facts about our employees, and keeping up with what’s going on in everyone’s lives. I make an effort to try and learn everyone’s names, and if they tell me a detail about their life, I always try and follow up on that fact. We have a unique environment here in the sense that we work together, play together, live together, and do all aspects of life together so it’s been really rewarding to be there to celebrate my resident’s successes and support them in the tougher times."
Join Our Talent Community
Adventures are out there. Still searching for the perfect job for you?
Stay informed about new opportunities by joining our talent community